LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Lost star Naveen Andrews has spoken out about his addiction to heroin.

The actor, who plays Sayid on the hit US series, said he lost two years of his life to the drug before checking into rehab in a bid to get clean.

In an interview on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, he said: "There was a danger of me copping it. I lost two years to heroin, but I was able to work, I don’t know how I did it.

"You can take incredible abuse and still work... I collapsed on a job because of booze. When I was younger... it was a miracle I got any work done. On The English Patient I was warned. But I used to collapse out of shot."

He added that he had finally kicked the habit because of his son, saying: "The turning point was I drove my son when I was drunk and he was scared, and that’s when I decided to go into rehab in LA."

The 39-year-old said he has no plans to leave the show, although he admitted that the quality of the scripts had deteriorated after the first two series.

He told Ross: "I’m still proud of the first season, around the third I thought they were winging it, the writing was poor but I’m definitely doing two more years.”

Friday Night With Jonathan Ross airs tonight on BBC One at 10.35pm.

Source: Digital Spy

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus