LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Josh Holloway talks about beer

Talking to the Others

Whether he’s playing the role of a brash badass for the fellas or a Southerner with a heart of gold for the ladies, when it comes to fan favorites of ABC’s hit show “Lost,” Sawyer is at the top of the list. With Season Five underway and only two seasons left before the show’s final curtain call, actor Josh Holloway is staying busy and living the high life in the country’s most exotic state: Hawaii. DRAFT caught up with him between takes to learn more about his first beer, living on an island and what exactly is in those Dharma beer cans.

Do you remember your first beer? And do you still pop one open every once in awhile and reminisce?
I do, it was a Miller High Life. It’s the Champagne of Beers. And yes, I still drink it sometimes.

Since moving out to Hawaii, are there any local beers you’re now a fan of?
Well, Dharma beer isn’t all that bad.

What types of beer are your favorites, and what brands can you always count on?
My favorites are pale ales and plain ol’ American beer, because that’s what I grew up drinking. I can always count on Bass, Miller, and Budweiser products.

Any lesser-known beers or microbrews you're a fan of?
I like Fat Tire amber ale and Full Sail.

You’ve been able to travel abroad and help promote the show in other countries. In your travels, were there any beers overseas that you’ve enjoyed but are hard to find in the States?
I’m sure there are, but I can’t remember their names. I must have liked them a little too much.

Bottle or a pint glass?
I like drinking pale ales in a pint glass, but the rest I like drinking out of bottles.

When Sawyer finally gets off the island, what drink will be his first?
A cold draft on tap. Any cold draft on tap.

What can the fans of Sawyer expect for him during Season Five?
Not a lot of beer drinking! There’s a lot of stuff heating up and happening, so viewers can expect a lot of action this next season.

Do you enjoy living on an island?
I love living in Hawaii.

Once the show wraps in 2010, do you think it will be hard for you to move back to Los Angeles?
Moving back to Los Angeles will of course be a transition, but I don’t mind transitions. I like change.

Of course, you had to see this one coming: If you were stranded on a desert island and could have a crate of beer with you, what beer would you choose?
That’s easy: a crate of Bass.

And finally, let us in on a little island secret: What’s really in the Dharma beer cans?
Wouldn’t you like to know?

Source: Draft Magazine


Posted by Dutch Lost/Follow Lostabout on Twitter

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus