LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Here are some of the quotes from June's Women’s Health.

Lost and Found…



“I kind of didn’t want it. I actually said, ‘That seems like a really crap script.’ Because we never saw the entire script, just little pieces. It was a plane crash on a desert island. I thought, ‘Oh give me a break. A dramatic Gilligan’s Island.’ Turns out it was fucking brilliant.”

“The show was a rare opportunity but there were ulterior motives. I knew if I did this for five or six years, what it would result in. The good that I have been able to do has been worth the sacrifice. Ultimately, acting is not my passion. It’s my day job.”

Jack or Sawyer:
“All I want to know are the character arcs. Who’s happy? Who’s not? I’m not invested one way or the other. Matt and Josh are like my brothers. I love them, but I could never go there. It’s like if you had two [brothers] and had to decide which of them you’d like to [do].”

WH asked if she’s currently with former Lost co-star, Dominic Monaghan:
“If I were to tell you that Sandra Miggum and Henry Pickett are dating, would you ever care? They’re completely fictional, so you don’t know them. Well, people don’t know us. So why should they care?”

Missed opp as the next Angelina Jolie:
“They’ve seen that I haven’t picked up on the opportunity to become a big movie star. I think they’re starting to be convinced that I’m not full of shit, and this is who I really am. My producer Bryan Burk is always like, ‘MY God, the opportunities you have!’ It frustrates him that they’ve given me this chance to become the next Angelia Jolie [and I haven’t gone after it]. Sure, I’d love to be her, but just the [humanitarian] side.”

On her admiration of how Angelina carefully rides the line of public figure and private person:
“No one knows that woman; she’s a complete ice queen, which is perfect. Why should she be any more? She doesn’t owe us anything.”

On stardom and the haters that come with it:
“That happens when you have a lot of good things in your life. In high school, people wanted to find the worst in me. I was a good student, I was good at soccer, I was vice president of the student council, I was a pretty girl. It was easy for people to look at me and say ‘Fuck you.’ That’s what happens in Hollywood. People are like, ‘I want to hate you because everyone else seems to love you.’ But the reality is this: I’m a simple person who’s not interested in attention who just wants to go about my business.”

The Downside of Fame:
“I say no to photographs. When people take my picture. I feel like they’ve taken a piece of me, and I can’t get that back. It’s soul draining. I was getting angry. Somebody could take a picture of me from across the room and I would feel like I wanted to rip their face off…I [realized I] needed to deal with it because this is my job. Because the only way to want millions of people invading your life is to be off your rocker. This industry is conducive to cuckoo. It likes cuckoo. It encourages cuckoo. I’ve had to find my sanity.”

Why guys shouldn’t go commando:
“They need to tuck it away because, frankly it’s distracting.”

Evangeline grew up in the Canadian town of Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta:
“I didn’t grow up in a home that glorified Hollywood. We didn’t’ watch TV. We didn’t have a lot of magazines around. My family didn’t have a lot of money, and I’m grateful for that. Money is the longest route to happiness.”

Both sides of Evangeline’s family played a big part in shaping who she is today:
“The people on my mom’s side of the family are atheist intellectuals who are uber-proper. My dad’s side of the family are missionaries who are most comfortable sitting around in sweatpants than they are in a five-star restaurant. But those two influences converged in my life. My heart is in helping people and in the less materialistic side of things, but there’s the side of me that’s more polished. If I were to live in Africa, serving the poor, the number-one thing I’d miss wouldn’t be running water or electricity – it would be style …being able to get dressed up and feel beautiful.”

Telling it how it is:
“I’m not a highly social person. I’m a highly productive person.

Evangeline’s true passion is humanitarian work:
“The world is full of opportunities and I want to try as many as I possibly can. But right now, I’m happy doing a job that’s not my ultimate dream. Even if you’re unhappy, just pretend that you’re happy. Eventually, your smile will be contagious to yourself. I had to learn that I used to think, ‘I’m being fake,’ but you know what? Better to be fake and happy than real and miserable.”

THINGS SHE’S LOST:
A job:
“I got fired once from a volunteer position at a Bible camp.”

My dignity:
“All the time, every day. I’m the type of person who, when I’m in the jungle working with Matthew Fox, will just crouch beside a bush three feet away and take a pee.”

My mind:
“After the first season of the show. I said something [on Late night with Conan O’Brien] that your cannot say on national television. I was so mortified. I called them in tears and said, ‘You can’t let that get on the air!’ I was heaving and sobbing – the kind of sobbing you only see in the movies. It was a genuine adult breakdown. They ended up editing it out.”

My bearings:
“I summitted Mount Baker, in Washington – it’s almost 11,000 feet – with no ropes, no appropriate gear, and without training, purely on guts and will. I was so exhilarated that I started running down at full tilt, treating it like a tobogganing mountain, sliding on my bum. The next thing I knew, my legs dropped, my upper body went flying forward, and I ended up hanging in a crevasse, like something out of K2. But I was able to catch myself and crawl up. My life is full of the kind of shit.”

My sense of direction:
“Several times, actually. I’m pretty good with directions fro a woman – but I am still a woman.”

My innocence:
“I think it’s fairly intact, but I’m kind of waiting for that to happen. I’m almost 30 and I’m wondering, shouldn’t I have lost this already.”

EVANGELINE’S LIFE RULES:

Don’t be a slave to exercise.
“Your mind and soul are the kings of your physique way more than any exercise you do. I was a hardcore buff girl, [but now] I go on leisurely walks and have a swim in my pool. Simple things. My body looks 10 times better.”

Dance away stress.
“I’m really into this type of expression when you put on music and literally feel it. I will go crazy – dancing like a little girl who’s pretending to be a ballerina. A lot of it for me is releasing pent-up energy when you have a lot of stress in your life.”

Leave room for dessert.
‘Diets are a fool’s errand, I eat something sweet every day, whether it’s chocolate or a cookie or a latte. If I don’t I guarantee you that there’s going to be a day every week when I’m going to stuff myself, especially if its PMS time.”

Hit the sheets.
“Sleep is the number-one thing. I think you need between eight and 10 hours a night. When I don’t sleep enough, I look bloated, my hair gets flat, and my skin goes to pot. If you struggle with bloating get some effing sleep.”

Trim the to-do list.
“Everyone thinks they can cure stress by adding something to their schedule, like going to yoga class. Oh great – one more thing to feel guilty about when you can’t do it. I have limits, and I will fall down dead if I push those limits.”

Source: Women's Health Magazine

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus