LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Sonya Walger Interview with IGN

,

IGN TV: Will we be seeing you soon on Lost again?

Walger: We'll have to ask ABC! I'm at their beck and call. I'm not under contract with them, I'm under contract with HBO. But if I'm available and if they need me, and if it fits in, I'll fly to Hawaii and do another episode, sure.

IGN TV: The show obviously has such an intense fandom that I'm betting you get asked a lot of questions you don't know the answers too.

Walger: I do, I do! I was just on Broadway for four months, and the amount of fan mail that arrived at the theater was just overwhelming. I mean, I had no idea! I guess people suddenly had access to me and knew where to find me, so they got me there, and I was amazed. I was touched and delighted that people respond and reach out and want to talk to me about my work. It's lovely, but kind of amazing when I think that I've only done five episodes of the show and I've done whole seasons of other shows and not elicited a response like this.

IGN TV: When you do your guest appearances on Lost, do you find yourself asking the producers questions about your character, or do you prefer to just discover new information script by script?

Walger: You know, I just tend to do the scene that I'm given, really. If it really needs it, then I'll go to them and ask "What's she talking about? What's she referring to?" But often they don't know, or they do know and they're not going to tell me, so I've learned just to work with what I'm given.

IGN TV: I assume you have a pretty good idea that you'll be back at some point though, right?

Walger: I'm guessing I will, but I make no assumptions with Lost. You know, if they call me I'm delighted, and if they don't, that's fine too.

IGN TV: It must be interesting, because you come in as a guest star, but then really sometimes get to dominate episodes, alongside Desmond.

Walger: Yeah, it's fun. It's lovely. I never go and do just one scene. I usually go down there and they make it worth my while, and then we have a fun arc to play with. Ian's great. He's a lovely guy to work with, so it's fun.

IGN TV: One of my favorite episodes last season was the one where Desmond went back in time and was with you.

Walger: Right. It was a great episode. It was very strong. It was great writing.

IGN TV: Is it funny for you to see how involved in the intricacies of the mythology of that show people get?

Walger: I think it's funny but also understandable when you've got writing that's as smart as that. It's inevitable that people are going to want to examine it more closely I think. It doesn't surprise me. I don't get that into it, but I don't watch the show; I don't watch TV!

Source: IGN

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus