LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Libby is back! And she's not in Santa Rosa Mental Hospital this time, but rather on NBC's new anthology series Fear, Itself.

I sat down with the lovely Cynthia Watros (Lost's dearly departed Libby) to discuss her special episode, which airs tonight. (Set your TiVo!) I've seen it, and can tell you that Cynthia gives a stunningly freaktastic performance as a woman who hires a private detective (Eric Roberts) to investigate her husband's wandering eye...But it all turns out to be so much more.

In Monday's Watch With Kristin Show, I'll share with you Cynthia's take on the latest happenings on Lost and whether she'll return, but for now, click in for some Fear-ful chatter...

For those who haven't yet checked it out, what is Fear, Itself?
It's a 13-show anthology series on NBC. My episode is directed by Brad Anderson, and Eric Roberts is in this episode. This episode is about what these people are about at the beginning and then, as the show progresses, you realize they're not exactly what they seem to be. And there is an interesting relationship with the house.

The title is interesting.
Yes, the fear surrounds all of these episodes. It is about what people have inside them that can ultimately come out, if they're insecure or if they're put in a position where they're tested. And this episode is definitely one of those cases.

What made you want to do it? Were you a fan of anthology series? Did you watch The Twilight Zone? Or do you just like freaking people out?
It's really interesting as an actor to play someone who's really mysterious and you don't quite know what's up with this person until the end. It's definitely fun to play more psychotic, people who are not at all like you, and you feel like you're really acting, you're really putting yourself out there.

And I did grow up a big sci-fi person, and I watched Star Trek and all those things. I tend to gravitate toward that genre.

What was it like doing those scenes with Eric Roberts? They're fairly intense.
They are! It was the first time that I had met Eric, and he was lovely—wonderful actor. So it's hard to say, "Hey, Eric, I'm Cynthia, and I'll be spitting on you in this scene. I hope that's OK." But he is a trouper, a true actor, and I promised that I wouldn't do anything too embarrassing to him. So he was great. It's lovely to work with someone who's free and open and willing to do whatever the partner wants to do.

What was the casting like?
It first starts with reading the script and if you feel sort of connected to the script then you agree to go into the audition, and after you audition if they feel like you're right for the part, they tell you what's going on with the show itself. I was really attracted to the caliber of the directors and actors they had for this series and working with Eric, and I've wanted to work with him for some time, so I felt really lucky.

Source: E!Online

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus