LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Thanks to Michael for the heads up.

Lostpedia: You maintain a blog on which you occasionally mention the show. Early on you made some posts to the effect of the studio not being thrilled about the blog and its potential for "spoilers." Obviously, it hasn't been too big of an issue, since you're still posting, but are there any serious restrictions that you're under in your blogging? Are you encouraged to mention the show in your posts, or discouraged to do so?
I started it because I was seeing all of these “fall preview” magazine issues, of with LOST was not a part of, because we weren’t going to be on until the winter. I figured this would keep people buzzing about the show, while they were waiting. But some people were worried that the audience would be able to find spoilers by reading into what I was writing about. So I thought it would cause too much and stopped it. But then a day or so later I decided it might be fun to just do a non-LOST blog.

Lostpedia: It seems to me the character of Hurley was less of a means for comic relief during season 4, and when it was, the humour appeared to be rather cynical. How did you feel about the darker approach the writers have taken with your character?
It was an interesting turn, especially seeing what Hurley had become after being off the island for a while. It gave me some good opportunities to show some other sides of the character. I’m anxious to see what’s next.

Lostpedia: Hurley is a very superstitious person. Can you let us in on any of your greatest superstitions?
Well I inherited my superstitions from my grandmother. You don’t wish anyone a “Happy Birthday” early; it’s bad luck. And you don’t make fun of the dead because they will come into your bedroom at night and tug on your feet.

Lostpedia: The “Hurley bird” was a major mythological mystery in the first two season finales. What is your take on it, and could you give some insight as to how it was described in the script? Speaking of scripts, do you keep your scripts after the episode has been filmed, or do they get put in the trash?
I forgot how it was written in the first finale. I feel the “Hurley” thing came later. I don’t think it was the “Hurley bird” until season two. I keep all of my scripts. I have a collection of binders that have all of my final scripts. I also kept a few scenes that got re-written in major ways to remember the old plots years from now. But they’re packed right now in a box somewhere until I move.

Continue Reading

Source: Full Interview@Lostpedia

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus