LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Thanks to Dennis from http://lost-tv.de/ for this interview.

e'Guide: So far, you played the part of Ethan Rom in nine episodes and on one mobisode. How did you prepare for playing this role? Did you get enough information to play him perfectly, or was it just intuitively?

WM: I was hired the morning that "Lost" premiered in the US. My agent called to say I had been offered two episodes (in other words, I didn't have to audition because they knew my work from the movie "In the Bedroom"). I told her I hadn't heard of the show and she said, "It starts tonight." (I had to cancel a trip for a reunion with old college friends, and they were really annoyed with me. Now, however, they realize that I made the right decision!) The next morning, when I flew to Honolulu, the show was already a hit. I went right from the airport to the set. They didn't seem to know everything about Ethan yet, so I had to play him intuitively. Also, we shot many different versions of the scenes, so they had lots of choices in the editing room.

e'Guide: Your character died during season one, but we saw him in season two and three again. How was returning to the set of "Lost"? Do you have personal contact to the other actors?

WM: It was a blast to return, because the cast and crew are marvelous to work with. The producers assembled a great group of people for that show. I keep in touch with several of the actors, yes.

e'Guide: In Germany the fourth season is airing right now on Pay-TV. Do you still watch the show over there? Who's you favorite character? What's your own theory of the things happening on the island? And what do you think about the fourth season and the development of the show?

WM: I'm a huge fan of the show and never miss an episode. And whenever my own scenes come on, I get a bit impatient, like, "Get that damn Mapother off the screen, so I can focus on the show!". I tend to like the characters who are a bit mysterious and unpredictable, like Locke and Ben. I have NO idea what's happening on the island, and I love it that way. I thought the fourth season was great. The only thing missing was Ethan!

e'Guide: Ethan Rom was last seen in a mobisode, where he talked to Matthew Fox's character Jack and mentioned that his wife died in childbirth along with the baby. Where you surprised about this new aspect of your character's motivation? Are there any plans to make him return in season five or six? Would you like to play him again?

WM: Yes, I was like, "Whoops, I have a wife and child???" I also didn't know that I was a surgeon, which Ben mentions in Jack. That's part of what makes it fun acting on the show - we always have more to add in future performances.

Full Article

Source: Read Full Article Here

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus