LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Thanks to Fran for the heads up.

It didn’t take Rebecca Mader long to realize fans of Lost are ... uh ... what’s the word we’re looking for here?

Devoted? Passionate? Crazy?

“I love my geeks!” said an enthusiastic Mader, who plays Charlotte Lewis on Lost. “Geeks are the best fans!”

The fifth season of the mysterious drama – or the second-last season, depending on how you look at it – begins Wednesday, Jan. 21, on A and ABC. Mader joined the cast of Lost early in season No. 4.

“It’s funny, before I joined Lost, I always wanted to find the geeks, you know?” said Mader, a native of England. “I love Battlestar Galactica, and I wanted to find my geeks, my boys. I love stuff like that, and I’m a bit of a geek, too.”

One thing about geeks: They know what they like.

“When I got this show, I was like, ‘Wicked,’ because they’re the most loyal fans ever,” Mader said. “They’re intelligent, they’re smart, they know good TV when they find it and they’ll stick with it.”

Of course, sometimes geeks can be a little, uh, forward.

Mader may treasure her geeks, but she was asked if she ever has experienced any “be careful what you wish for” moments.

“I definitely get some marriage proposals on Facebook every now and again,” Mader said. “Sometimes I almost want to say, ‘Aiiiggghhttt! Let’s do this, right now, you and me, let’s go!’

“Then they’d be like, ‘Argghhhh!’, and run the other way. That would be funny, I’m going to try that one next.

“But I love the fans. And I love being on a show with clever, wicked people like so much. I think that’s really juicy.”

The story on Lost always has been juicy, to the point of being too juicy at times. But Lost never has failed to be intriguing, which is quite an accomplishment in the current TV landscape.

Mader regularly gets peppered with questions about what really is happening on the island, and where Charlotte fits into the equation.

“I know absolutely sod-all, nothing,” Mader said with a laugh. “People want to know who Charlotte is, and I don’t know.

“No one ever has coached me (to keep quiet about plot developments), which is quite shocking, because I have a really big mouth. But people always think I’m being secretive. And I’m like, ‘I’m not!’ ”

Some actors would find it tough to be left in the dark, in terms of both their own characters and the larger story-line.

“I thought it would be difficult, but it’s really fun,” Mader said. “I know it sounds cheesy, but it’s kind of liberating not knowing. You get to wing it and make it up as you go along, and I think it makes for a real, organic performance.

“Rather than knowing everything and having it all mapped out, you just go with the flow, like you do in real life.”

So Lost is like real life?

Note to self: Avoid all islands.

Source: Toronto Sun

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus