LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Thanks to Dee for the heads up.

She is the luminous and often tough-talking star of the hit TV series Lost which just returned for its next season. Lily also completed a movie, Afterwards, a film about love and death, that premiered at last year’s Toronto Film Festival.

In this exclusive interview with Paul Fischer, the beautiful ex-air hostess talks about the film as well as the impact Lost has had on her life and career.

Question: I remember talking to John Malkovich, who said that doing a film like Afterwards made him think more about one’s mortality the older you get. You’re obviously a lot younger than he is, but does doing a film like that give you any cause to pause about such weighty issues?

Lilly: You know, I think I have spent so much of my life contemplating mortality.

Question: Why?

Lilly: Well, I was brought up in the church. I was never 100 percent convinced that what I was being told had to be the absolute truth. I believed that you had to work that out for yourself, so within the context that I was being raised, I was constantly questioning, and wondering, and asking, and searching my own soul. I had a very innate nature towards the spiritual, and the soul. I don’t know why. I don’t know where that comes from. But it’s always been there, and it’s still there. And I’m only 29. But 29 years of searching and wondering. And you eventually come to the place. It doesn’t matter what happened yesterday, it doesn’t matter what’s going to happen tomorrow. What matters is what you and I are doing right now. And are we happy? And are we having a good time? And if we are, then sod the rest. [LAUGHTER]

Continue Reading

Source: Dark Horizons

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus