LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Thanks to mfoxfan and Hussiness_is_Bliss for the scans and the translation

What's the first thing you notice in a woman?
Hair and nails. A bad haircut or chewed up nails are telling for me, it's a sign of letting yourself go. Back when I was younger, I used to dump girls who chewed their nails all day long. On the other hand, I can't stand women who spend their days in salons. The smell of nail varnish gives me palpitations and a headache.

But there must be feminine perfumes that make you melt?
Coconut. My wife uses coconut oil to tan but also for her hair. Whenever I smell it, it's as if all of Polynesia is assaulting my nostrils with its fragrances. Truth be told, I'm slowly recovering my sense of smell, especially after I stopped smoking. All I could smell before was my own scent, pure tobacco.

What about accessories, what gets your pulse racing?
Oh, that's easy. I love it when my wife uses hair pins. The cheap ones have the same effect, I have no idea why. I like it when she slides them through her long, black hair.

How much would you spend on lingerie for your lady?
I'd rather be surprised. There are men who like to get in there and overcrowd their women's dressing rooms, but I'd rather have my lady put on that show for me at home.

Is there any feminine fashion trend you don't like?
I find the lowcut miniskirt with navels and gstrings sticking out look embarrassing. I prefer my wife's long flowing robes when she goes shopping for pineapple. She's got her little basket, can't get enough of that.

Which actresses do you find attractive?
If you asked me that question about a dozen years ago, I would have probably given you the name of a perfect-looking actress. Over the years though, as you get older and wiser, you stop being so exclussively focused on the packaging and you start to get interested in the contents as well. Maybe that's why I admire Jodie Foster. Jodie is a combination of charm, class and gray matter.

A lot of Hollywood actors today seem to be attracted to the glamorous type? Are you more visibly attracted to a more natural, simple look?
We live in a society where appearance is crucial. I have nothing against a small dosis of the artificial in a woman, things like mascara or a little lipstick and so on… But that's about it. There's nothing I hate more than fake nails, but I'm not a fan of anything fake on a woman: fake breasts, extensions, fake eyelashes. My wife was doing modelling when I met her so you would assume that she was very superficial, but that's just it, she wasn't like that at all! That was a good thing, that's what made her beautiful and that's how she instantly caught my eye.

What would you say if I told you you're a natural seducer?
Subconsciously, yeah, maybe. But personally, I don't feel like I'm playing that card or that I'm putting myself in the position of doing the chasing. If anything, I get the feeling that it's the other way around: I'm the prey!

What do you mean?
The media has been selling me for years under a "beefcake" packaging so I'm paying a price for that. If it were up to me, I'd rather have myself packaged as the best actor of his generation or the greatest husband and father, but I have a feeling that wouldn't sell papers anyway. I chose this job with eyes wide open though. Fame isn't a burden for me.

That's good, given that you've become the face of one of L'Oreal's line for men, L'Oreal Expert.
L'Oreal wanted to "man up" its marketing strategy. I was psyched when I got the call from such a great brand. Just because I'm a cowboy from Wyoming doesn't mean I can't take care of my skin. I don't have a problem stepping inside a beauty institute.

Was this your first ad?
No! I did a Clearasil ad when I was a teenager. My part was basically staring into the camera with an idiotic smile and telling everyone how I got rid of my blackheads.

If you could pack only one item of clothing, what would that be?
I'd pack a white t-shirt, 100% cotton. It might not look like it, but I have very fragile shoulders… Either that or jeans. That's my uniform. You know, I grew up a stone's throw away from Yellowstone National Park. My dad was a rancher down there and my only job was to go horseback riding with him. Everyone wore denim in the small town where I grew up. The only guy who didn't wear jeans was the undertaker. I think the true power of jeans is that they've managed to erase notions of clothing associated with social classes.

Do you have a favorite brand?
I've always worn classic 501s. They're irreplaceable. I have to say though that I absolutely refuse to spend more than $100 on a pair of jeans. I was just wandering around some shops the other day and I found some vintage jeans with a tag of $900. I find that absolutely ridiculous.

Less than $100 for the Texas cowyboy boots you told us you're addicted to as well?
That's totally different! It's two completely different things we're talking about here… There's a lot more work that goes into making a pair of good boots. It's about choosing the right leather and tanning it and… the inside stitching! That's how you can tell a quality pair: they have to be as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside. I'm crazy about cowboy boots and I'm ready to pay the price. But if you take good care of them, a good pair will last you a lifetime. I've been known to spend more than a thousand dollars for a pair of cowboy boots and I've never regretted it. Plus, polishing my boots relaxes me.

What does your wife think of your addictions?
To tell you the truth, my wife thinks that's very redneck of me. Even back when I met her, I was wearing high heeled cowboy boots. Whenever I'd walk around in those, I looked like John Wayne descending after a long day spent in the saddle. My wife is an ex-Italian model. Good taste, class… it's all innate for them. I'm just an unpolished redneck.


We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus