LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Thanks to Julia for the following and for translating this for all DarkUFO readers.

Hey Andy. I found this interview from a brazilian magazine called "Época". I translate some parts if you want to post to your blog.

Terry O’Quinn
Are you happy with the destiny of your character?
Terry: Well, it was a big journey to John Locke. And apparently it’s over (laughs). If I were a common spectator, I would say that John Locke died and think "what disappointment to him." I see him as a tragic character, it’s hard to like him. He thought he had the chance to be someone, respected, loved, have changed something. In the end looks like he didn’t get it. Whoever is there is no more Locke.

How do you do to play a character without knowing exactly who you are?
Terry: I don’t worry too much. I just read the script and imagine what that character wants to do. I didn’t know I wasn’t John Locke anymore in the fifth season. In the first or second episode I warned I would play Locke as he always had been, but indestructible, more confident and daring. Apparently, he is now a more dangerous person. I walk like him, talk like him, but I'm not exactly the same. He is more evil (laughs). He has other things in mind.

Do you have a personal theory? Do you have any idea how will be the end?
Terry: I don’t. For me it makes no difference, as an actor. I don’t know how it ends, but I think for the fans it will be satisfactory. We are going to close the book. I trust the producers. They have a lot to explain to the fans, and they have done a good job in the last five years.

Josh Holloway:
Is there a rivalry between you and Matthew Fox, like in the show?
Josh: Not at all. We are very friends. We both have a family, we get along. Artistically it is a blessing to work with Matthew, our chemistry is good.

What is your reaction when you pick up the script for a new episode and see that you will have another scene without a shirt?
Josh: Oh, I shoot the script on the wall, hide all the cookies in the house and I holed up in the gym (laughs). Seriously, is not easy to keep this kind of appearance at the 40. IT’s very different from when you're 25. Now it takes longer to get in shape, I have to eat less and move more. But this is good, makes me want to stay healthy.

How do you see the love triangle between Sawyer, Jack and Kate?
Josh: The authors were very smart to develop this in a natural, organic way, and I think that really happen in real life. We are on an island, there’s a hot girl and two guys. It is normal to think "who gets the girl?" (Laughs). We are human, we have some basic needs.

What would be the ideal end for you?
Josh: Tha the survivors had a second chance. The island makes you face your demons and learn. It's grow or die. I wish they had the chance to live happily ever after. But who knows? Sawyer probably will die trying to save a frog or something (laughs).

Michael Emerson:
How difficult is it to live a character ambiguous as Ben?
Emerson: I Love it. Precisely this ambiguity is what fascinates and irritates the people at the same time. The authors were very smart to keep it for so long, people don’t know what is happening. Also, I’m not very manipulative in real life. I’m a terrible liar. It's nice to play someone who gets along with these things.

Do you think the end of Lost will leave many mysteries without being revealed?
Emerson: I trust the authors and I think the end will be satisfactory for the fans. However, there are many things in the show that doesn’t have answers yet and I don’t think they have time to explain everything. I thought soon as we started to film the sixth season, I would figure out some things about the end, but we are filming the 10th episode and things are more obscure than last season. The ideal end would be a way to make people return to watch the six seasons, with a new perspective.

What is the mystery that makes you more curious?
Emerson: The black smoke! There was a point where I thought I had discovered what it was. I even had a scientific explanation! But after what happened in season five, I saw I was wrong. I think it's more supernatural than scientific.

Evangeline Lilly
Do you want your character to end up with Sawyer or Jack?
Lilly: Kate's life has become so complex with time that both Sawyer and Jack were in the background. I was grateful to the writers for having done that, gave more weight to the character. In season three, when Kate was jumping from one to another, I found that the integrity and the redemption of the character was harmed. If I was a viewer, I would not like Kate. I think it's great that Kate is focused on issues such as dignity, self respect, things more important than a passion for one of the guys on the island.

Henry Ian Cusick
Are you curious to know the end?
Henry: Yes. We have filmed 10 episodes and I still have no idea what’s the end. I didn’t even find out what is this island. I Just don’t think this will be the "happily ever after" kind of ending.

Source: Época

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus