LOST Media Mentions - DarkUFO

Thanks to Christopher Engelhardt a freelance writer for sending this to us to publish. What are your favourite quotes from Season 1?

The first season of the critically acclaimed hit drama LOST is arguably the best of the six season series. Especially because beyond the mysteries of the island—including polar bears, a smoke monster and the hatch—season one was the most character based.
From hero/doctor Jack, to drug abuser Charlie, from con man Sawyer to convict Kate, and from soldier Sayid to soul searcher John Locke, LOST featured some of the most complex and captivating characters on TV for six years. And sometimes it wasn’t so much what they did that was memorable, but what they said. Here’s a compilation of the ten most memorable quotes/lines from season one of LOST.

Episode 2: “Pilot-Part 2”

Sayid, Boone, Shannon, Kate, and Charlie decide to head to higher ground to send out a signal with the transceiver. Sawyer decides to join them.
Kate: “You decided to join us.”
Sawyer: “I’m a complex guy, sweetheart.”

Locke and Walt speak about the origins of the backgammon board game.
Locke: “Two players. Two sides. [Holds piece] One is light. [Holds piece] One is dark.”

Episode 4: “Walkabout”
Michael and Kate return from boar hunting; Hurley helps Michael, who injured his leg after being attacked by a boar. Sawyer approaches Kate.
Sawyer: “The mighty huntress returns. What’s for dinner, hun?”

Arguably the finest John Locke episode, a travel agent argues with Locke about his ‘condition’ and his not being able to attend the walkabout.
Locke: “My condition is not an issue. I’ve lived with it for four years. It’s never kept me from doing anything.”
Agent: “Unfortunately, it is an issue for our insurance company. I can’t keep the bus waiting any longer. It isn’t fair to the other people.”
Locke: “Don’t talk to me about fair!”
Agent: “I’ll get you on a plane back to Sydney on our dime. That’s the best I can do.”
Locke: “No, I don’t want to go back to Sydney. Look, I’ve been preparing for this for years. Just put me on the bus right now. I can do this.”
Agent: “No, you can’t.” [Walks Away]
Locke: “Hey, hey! Don’t you walk away from me. You don’t know who you’re dealing with. Don’t ever tell me what I can’t do! Ever!”

Episode 5: “White Rabbit”
Jack renders a grand speech, and sums up his philosophy on survival and teamwork with one of the greatest lines from season one.
Jack: “If we can’t live together, we’re gonna die alone.”

Episode 8: “Confidence Man”
Kate confronts Sawyer about Shannon’s inhalers.
Kate: “What do you want, Sawyer?”
Sawyer: Freckles, I got so many answers to that question, I wouldn’t even know where to start.

Episode 9: “Solitary”
Hurley, searching for a way to allow the castaways to de-stress, comes across a set of golf clubs.
Hurley: “Whoa. Dude.”

Episode 12: “Whatever The Case May Be”
Sawyer tries to pick the lock of Kate’s suitcase. One of the hair pins springs out of his grasp.
Sawyer: “Son of a bitch!”

Episode 19: “Deus Ex Machina”
Locke’s inability to open the newly discovered hatch leads to one of the season’s most epic moments: Locke pounding on the hatch door.
Locke: “I’ve done everything you wanted me to do, so why did you do this, to me!”

Episode 24: “Exodus, Part 2”
Jack and Locke’s classic discussion about science and faith in the jungle leads to Locke expressing his belief that it’s destiny that the Island has brought all of the Oceanic 815ers together. This triggers an unexpected response from Jack, and a mind-blowing response from Locke.
Jack: “You talk with Boone about destiny, John?”
Locke: “Boone was a sacrifice that the island demanded.”

By Christopher Engelhardt

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus